Sygnia is a top tier cyber technology and services company, providingconsulting and incident response support for organizations worldwide. Sygniaworks with companies to proactively build their cyber resilience and to respondand defeat attacks within their networks. It is the trusted advisor and cybersecurity service provider of IT and security teams, senior managements, andboards of top organizations worldwide, including Fortune 100 companies.
The company draws on top talent from the ranks of elite militarytechnology units and from across the cyber industry and has some of the world’stop talents in cyber security. Described by Forbes as a “cyber security deltaforce”, it applies technological supremacy, digital combat experience, dataanalytics and a business-driven mindset to cyber security, enablingorganizations to excel in the age of cyber.
Sygnia is looking for a Senior Malware Researcher andReverse Engineer to perform analysis of advanced malware and support threatresearch and incident response. The successful candidate should be a brightexpert, with extensive hands-on experience with reverse engineering and malwareresearch, as well as exceptional problem-solving skills and technologicaldepth. The role also requires generating high-quality analysis reports.
- Performstatic and dynamic analysis, including reverse engineering, of malware to fullyunderstand functionality, extract indicators and support ongoing incidentresponse investigations.
- Supportthreat research of attack formations, attackers’ infrastructures and APTgroups.
- Conductin-depth research of operating system internals and relevant forensicartifacts, develop proof of concept code to extract data from forensicartifacts as needed.
- Adapt anddevelop tools and infrastructure to enhance research, investigative and huntingcapabilities.
- Generateand present comprehensive and professional reports of findings from analysisprocess.
- Supportincident response efforts as needed.
- Participatein thoughts leadership efforts and including generation of technical contentfor research papers and professional publications, and present at conferences.
- Providetraining and mentorship as needed.
- At least5 years of a relevant experience (from military service and/or industry).
- Bright, problem solver, independent, initiative andself-motivated.
- Extensivehands-on experience with analyzing and reverse engineering malwaresamples written in multiple programming and scripting languages (C/C++, Go,.NET, Obfuscated Python, VB, PowerShell and web scripts).
- Extensivehands-on experience working with static and dynamic binary analysistools, including IDA Pro disassembler and user and kernel space debuggers (e.g.GDB, WinDBG, OllyDbg).
- Experiencewith analyzing shellcode, packed and obfuscated code.
- Abilityto read or write in x86/x64 assembly language.
- Solidunderstanding of OS internals of at least two operating systems (Windows, Linux/ Unix and MacOS).
- Deeptechnical understanding of network fundamentals and common internet protocols,and ability to analyze packet captures.
- Strongprogramming and scripting skills.
- Excellentcommunication and interpersonal skills. Fluent English, including the abilityto document and explain technical information in a concise, understandablemanner
- Knowledgeof cryptographic algorithms and protocols – advantage
- Experiencewith vulnerability research – advantage