Sygnia is a top-tier cyber technology and services company, providing consulting and incident response support for organizations worldwide. Sygnia works with companies to proactively build their cyber resilience and to respond to and defeat attacks within their networks. It is the trusted advisor and cyber security service provider of IT and security teams, senior managements, and boards of top organizations worldwide, including Fortune 100 companies.
The company draws on top talent from the ranks of elite military technology units and from across the cyber industry, and has some of the world’s top talents in cyber security. Described by Forbes as a “cyber security delta force”, it applies technological supremacy, digital combat experience, data analytics and a business-driven mindset to cyber security, enabling organizations to excel in the age of cyber.
Sygnia’s distributed international team is tasked with handling a wide variety of exotic cyber breaches and is looking for a Senior Threat Intelligence Researcher to unravel attacker infrastructures. In this position, you will be leveraging intimate knowledge from novel cyber breaches to discover the full story behind new emerging cyber threats.
The successful candidate should be a bright expert, an energetic self-starter with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables while at the same time supporting and helping to improve upon our analysis workflow. The candidate should have extensive hands-on experience with threat research and digital fingerprinting investigations, as well as exceptional problem-solving skills and technological depth. As part of the role, you will engage with clients, peers, and the general press, and provide high-quality analysis reports.
- Perform deep technical threat research to discover unknown attacker infrastructures and APT groups.
- Adapt and develop tools and infrastructure to enhance research, investigative and hunting capabilities.
- Generate and present comprehensive and professional reports of findings from analysis process.
- Provide timely identification and summarization of threats to customers.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of threats, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors to support Sygnia’s Incident Response and Threat Hunting services.
- Support incident response efforts with actionable threat intelligence information as needed.
- Work closely with the Incident Response department to pursue attribution, identify attack trends, innovative malicious TTPs, and contribute to community-facing publications and blogs.
- Participate in thought leadership efforts, including generation of technical content for research papers and professional publications, and present at conferences.
- Provide training and mentorship as needed.
- Respond to technical questions by other teams within Sygnia.
- 4+ years of experience in cyber threat intelligence, either from relevant military or government service, or commercial companies.
- A background in intelligence is a plus.
- Bright, problem solver, independent, takes initiative.
- Self-learner and self-motivated.
- Experience with open-source investigation techniques and familiarity with a variety of internet research tools.
- Knowledge of the cyber threat landscape—including actors, TTPs and targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Fluent English, including the ability to document and explain technical information concisely, clearly and efficiently.
- Deep technical understanding of network fundamentals and common internet protocols.
- Strong programming and scripting skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts.
- Experience conducting dark web investigations – an advantage.